Why are you here?
- Because parents are important and make a real difference to children’s learning – when parents are involved children and young people do better and achieve more.
- To work together with everyone involved in school life – parents, learners, teachers, school staff and the wider community – to support the school.
- To make sure that all parents have a say in their children’s education – and are able to express their views and wishes.
- To build links and involve parents with the wider learning community – nurseries and pre-school groups, other schools and services.
- To listen to what parents want the Parent Council to do and report back to the Parent Forum on your activities and how they can get involved.
To become a member of the Gowanbank Parent Council you Must be parent or carer of children who attends’ Gowanbank Primary School and LCR.
However, From time to time the Parent Council may decide to co-opt other members including school staff and community representatives who have knowledge and skills to help us carry out our functions.