The Gowanbank Parent Council processes from time to time may ask you for personal data, some of which maybe of a sensitive nature. We take data protection very seriously and understand how important it is that you can trust us with your information.
You can request a copy of the information we hold about you at any point.
This charter explains whose personal information we process, how we use it, why and what for.
If we process your personal information, we will:
- make sure you know why we need it
- only process the personal information we need
- make sure nobody has access to it who should not
- keep it secure
- tell you through this charter or in other ways if we share it with other organisations
- ask you to agree to us sharing your information where you have a choice
- only keep it for as long as we need to
- not make it available for commercial use (such as marketing) without your permission
If we ask you for personal information, you need to:
- give us accurate information
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a change of name or new contact information.
This helps us to:
- keep your information accurate and up to date
- keep you updated and informed about any services offered by the parent council that you would benefit from
- provide the best possible service
If you do not tell us about changes then this may affect our ability to provide you with up to date information and keep you well informed about and services that you may benefit from.
Data protection principles
We will always comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
- accurate and kept up to date
- kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
- kept securely
What we use personal information for
Gowanbank Parent Council collects information:
- To provide emergency aid to both our school and the wider community.
- To carry out our functions as a parent functions as parent council as described within the Parental Involvement Act 2006.
- For any other legitimate interests deemed essential by the Gowanbank Parent Council.
The information we collect about you depends on the reason for your business with us, but we may use the information for any of these purposes.
In exceptional circumstances we may process your information to protect you, members of your family, your community or the wider public.
Most Gowanbank Parent Council offices use closed-circuit television (CCTV) to help manage security and keep people safe. Most Gowanbank Parent Council is a tenant of the buildings that we use, and CCTV services are usually provided by either the company we rent the office from, or by the company providing security services for the office. Signs in these offices say who manages the CCTV and who you should contact with any queries about this.
Telephone calls to Most Gowanbank Parent Council telephone lines and/or offices about Most Gowanbank Parent Council services maybe recorded, however these recordings will not be shared with any third party unless we are required to do so by law.
Gowanbank Parent Council will not use your data to try and sell you things, or sell your data to anyone.
The types of data that we use
The types of data that Gowanbank Parent Council processes about people will depend on the contact that Gowanbank Parent Council has with them.
Types of data that Gowanbank Parent Council processes include:
- personal details
- family, lifestyle and social circumstances
- financial details
- goods or services provided
- visual images
Gowanbank Parent Council also processes sensitive information that may include:
- physical or mental health details
- racial or ethnic origin
- political, religious or other beliefs of a similar nature
- sexual life
- biometric data
Who we hold information about
Gowanbank Parent Council may also processes data about:
- people who live in the services users household
- relatives, guardians and associates
Gowanbank Parent Council sometimes needs information about people other than the person who has approached us or a service that we operate to work out how much help they truly need. For example, where a person needs help with a food, we need information about other people who live in the same household to work out how emergency food to provide that household with.
How Gowanbank Parent Council shares information about you
Gowanbank Parent Council may share information with organisations such as:
- other government departments
- local authorities
- social landlords
- private-sector bodies, such as energy suppliers and credit reference agencies
- financial institutions, such as banks and other organisations that may lend you money
- charitable and welfare organisations
- the emergency services
We do this for a number of reasons, including to:
- check the accuracy of information
- help people with particular difficulties, such as troubled families
- help people get or stay in work
- child maintenance
- help people get education and training to improve their chances of getting work
- support people with independent living, including home help and respite care
- prevent or detect crime
- check payments for services
- to reduce energy bills, improve the energy efficiency of people’s homes and help citizens in fuel poverty
- protect public funds
- use for research or statistical purposes
- to protect you or others in an emergency
Gowanbank Parent Council will only share information when necessary for these services, or as permitted by law, and Furthlerly, We will only ever give information about you to someone outside Gowanbank Parent Council if the law allows us to.
Gowanbank Parent Council service providers
Some Gowanbank Parent Council services are delivered with the help of other organisations, such as contractors, local authorities, charities and others. We sometimes need to share data with these organisations so they can provide Gowanbank Parent Council services properly.
In most cases our contracted service providers are acting as Gowanbank Parent Council data processors. This means that Gowanbank Parent Council is responsible for ensuring they handle your data correctly.
If you have a problem or query about how a Gowanbank Parent Council service provider is handling your personal data, tell us and we will try to resolve this for you.
How long Gowanbank Parent Council keeps your data
Gowanbank Parent Council holds a lot of different kinds of information for a variety of different reasons, but we are committed to keep only what we need for no longer than is necessary. The maximum amount of time we can hold your personal information is 3 years.
The legal basis for processing your data
The legal basis for processing your personal data is for the legitimate interests of the Gowanbank Parent Council, our commercial interests, your individual interests or broader societal benefits. We to ask for your permission or consent to do something.
Processing data offshore
The data for most of Gowanbank Parent Councils’ is processed within the UK. Whenever any Gowanbank Parent Councils’ data is processed outside of the UK, we always ensure that the data is just as safe as it would be if the processing was in the UK.
Keeping your information safe
Gowanbank Parent Council treats the security of your information very seriously. We have strict security standards, and everyone involved in the handling of personal information will receive training about how to keep information safe.
Gowanbank Parent Council uses of profiling
Gowanbank Parent Council may use profiling to help:
- avoid asking for information that we do not need, and make sure we ask for it when necessary.
- Providing services – to ensure people both within our school and wider community offered support and access to all services provided by Gowanbank Parent Council if they need it.
- improve Gowanbank Parent Council services.
- to detect error
Data controller information
The Gowanbank Parent Council is the data controller.
Your rights when GOWANBANK PARENT COUNCIL uses your information
You have various rights about how GOWANBANK PARENT COUNCIL uses your data. For example, you have the right to access the data that we hold about you. GOWANBANK PARENT COUNCIL does not charge for this.
New data protection laws also provide you with:
- the right to be informed (which we do through these pages)
- the right to rectification
- the right to erasure
- the right to restrict processing
- the right to data portability
- the right to object
- the right to not be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling
Right to rectification
You have the right to have inaccurate personal data corrected. Let us know if your circumstances change and we will ensure your data is updated. This can be information such as your address, when you start work or when you are earning more. To tell us about a change of information, contact the GOWANBANK PARENT COUNCIL office or service you have been using.
Right to erasure
This is your right to have personal data erased when it is no longer needed. This is also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. To find out how long GOWANBANK PARENT COUNCIL needs and keeps your information, see the section ‘How long GOWANBANK PARENT COUNCIL keeps your data’ on this page. GOWANBANK PARENT COUNCIL has to keep information about claims and services for a period after claims have ended, in case appeals or reviews are necessary, and to make sure we have finished any follow-up action.
Right to restrict processing
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you the right to request GOWANBANK PARENT COUNCIL to restrict processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. This may be due to the accuracy of the personal data GOWANBANK PARENT COUNCIL hold, if the data has been unlawfully processed or GOWANBANK PARENT COUNCIL no longer needs the data but you would like us to keep it in order to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim. We can refuse to comply if your request is unfounded or excessive, or repetitive in nature but we will justify the decision to you and will inform you of any decision that has been made.
Right to data portability
The right to data portability gives you the right to receive personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. This right only applies when you have consented to the processing of the data in question.
Right to object
The right to object dictates that you have a right to object to the processing of your personal data, specifically if the data is:
- for direct marketing purposes
- a task carried out in the public interest
- the exercise of official authority or legitimate interest
Rights related to automated decision making including profiling
Automated individual decision-making is a decision made without any human involvement. Profiling involves the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects such as a natural person’s performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behaviour, location or movements.
The GOWANBANK PARENT COUNCIL can only carry out solely automated decision making if the decision is:
- necessary for entering into or performance of a contract between you and GOWANBANK PARENT COUNCIL
- authorised by law
- based on your explicit consent
How to exercise your rights
You can request a copy of the information GOWANBANK PARENT COUNCIL holds about you.
To exercise or ask about any of your other rights please contact email@example.com
For any other data protection questions or comments, see the section on the Data Protection Officer’s team on this page.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner if you are concerned about how GOWANBANK PARENT COUNCIL is processing your data. If you are going to do this, we would ask you to give GOWANBANK PARENT COUNCIL the chance to try and put it right or address your concerns first, by contacting our Data Protection Officer using the contact details on this page.
Gowanbank Parent Council Data Protection Officer
Gowanbank Parent Council has appointed a Data Protection Officer. The role of the Data Protection Officer is to make sure Gowanbank Parent Council is compliant with data protection laws and to act as a point of contact for data subjects.
The Gowanbank Parent Council s Data Protection Officer is Billy Coull. You can contact the Data Protection Officer by post at:
Gowanbank Parent Council
Data Protection Team
1 Craigbank Drive
Or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want access to, or a copy of, information that Gowanbank Parent Council holds about you, Please Contact: email@example.com
Contact the Data Protection Officer at DWP before contacting the ICO.